Lead benefits team for Tyler Operations. Responsibility and accountability for all benefits-related activities for Tyler site, including Tyler plant operation and RS headquarters. Coordinate and facilitate Human Resources Organizational Effectiveness (HROE) initiative affecting Tyler benefits. Manage one direct report.
• Administer all hourly and salaried benefit programs at Tyler facility, providing counseling and direction on benefit issues to almost 2,200 active employees and 1,000 retirees (some of whom retired from company). Frequent interactions with employees and retirees, both in person and by telephone. Resolve company-related benefit issues as promptly as possible.
• Maintain positive relationships with corporate benefits office and vendors/administrators of employee benefit plans
• Coordinate and facilitate implementation of HROE plan for Tyler benefits operation, including proactive identification of HROE opportunities, recommendations for local implementation, and development of local strategic benefits responsibilities for future focus.
• Administer complex hourly pension plan, including incorporation with corporate pension structure. Counsel other former plant locations as needed on administrative complexities of the pension plan
• Manage retirement process and provide counseling to active employees nearing retirement age
• Manage annual open enrollment process for hourly and salaried employees, plus hourly retirees.
• Prepare and distribute an individualized annual benefits statement and a follow-up confirmation statement for hourly employees in fourth quarter of each year
• With other team members, develop and implement LifeSteps strategy and events for Tyler site. Serve on corporate LifeSteps teams.
• Lead Tyler ‘s generic drug utilization team toward goal of 55% generic drug utilization. Interact with physicians and employees on managing this project.
• Provide support in writing and editing hourly summary plan descriptions for Tyler hourly employees
• Participate as member of Tyler ‘s labor contract negotiations team, helping plan strategy and proposed benefit design changes.
• Write benefits-related articles for weekly employee publications
• Responsible for talent management for one direct report: performance management process, personal development process, and overall leadership and development.
• 4-year degree required in human resources, industrial relations, business or related field.
• 5-7 years professional human resources generalist experience, including a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in benefits administration. Relevant experience to include HR generalist experience base beyond benefits specialization.
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong presentation skills, including both creation and delivery
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Willingness/ability to relocate to other sites in HR role preferred.
Salary range from $53,000-80,000 plus benefits and paid relocation
Qualified Applicants should send resumes to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com