Technical Writing Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh , PA
The focus of this position is to research documentation requirements for existing and new products, develop documentation plans, and design and develop the documentation.
- Will also test documentation against software to ensure technical accuracy and validity.
- Will be an active participant on development team, which will include project planning, scheduling, attending team meetings, and interacting with other team members throughout the projects.
- Research and gather functionality requirements.
- Perform routine and basic analysis of user requirements and design of product function, feature, and feel.
- Analyze identified problem areas and recommend revisions in function, feature, and/or feel to products.
- Develop and write technical documentation to support software products.
- Write from scratch various documentation materials including end-user manuals, installation manuals, product-specific manuals, specifications/systems guides, task-oriented on-line help, context sensitive on-line help, and status bar help.
- Manage documentation development from creation, through review, sign-off, and production.
- Test documentation against software to ensure technical accuracy and validity.
- Participate in the creation of documentation standards, maintain standards, and ensure documentation meets established standards.
- Review and provide feedback on documentation produced by other technical communicators to ensure compliance with documentation standards.
- Provide consultation/assistance to other writers in solving/writing communication/design issues as needed.
- BA/BS degree in writing, technical writing, or related field.
- Technical writing experience with demonstrated competency in task-oriented software documentation, preferable for Microsoft Windows XP programs.
- Strong technical writing skills in Microsoft Help.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software documentation principles.
- Strong formatting and desktop publishing skills, preferable in Microsoft Word.
- Basic familiarity with software design principles and graphic user interface design principles, preferable Microsoft Windows XP.
- HTML and PDF documentation.
Usability testing knowledge and specification writing is a plus.
Qualified Applicants should send resumes to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com